We reserve all rights to materials published on the Cotten Kandi site and believe that images and news circulating the web are of the public domain, and therefore may be taken from other sites and/or companies. Images posted are believed to be posted within our rights according to the U.S. Copyright Fair Use Act (title 17, U.S. Code).
Copyright & Removal Policy
This policy is intended to implement the procedures set forth in 17 U.S.C. Section 512 and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) for the reporting of alleged copyright infringement. It is our strict policy to never knowingly work in association with any infringing entity’s unlawful use of a lawful trademark or lawful copyright. Cotten Kandi is simply a site that provides its readers with reporting of celebrity entertainment news, music, fashion and lifestyle content for our readers. All issues concerning copyright violations should be aimed at the original sites hosting the material.
We, however, reserve all rights to their respective parties. If for any reason there are materials published on this site being used against parties wishes, please contact us, email@example.com, and we will gladly remove such items.
The Cotten Kandi site and its affiliates are not responsible or liable for comments or opinions expressed by our readers. Thoughts, views and opinions by readers does not necessarily reflect those of cottenkandi.com. Although we reserve the right to edit or remove comments under our discretion we are not obligated to do so.
The Cotten Kandi website receives content from various outlets. Due to the volume of content we receive it is impossible for us to determine if the works are authorized by the copyright holder. As such we claim safe harbor under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512. Pursuant to the DMCA, if you are a copyright holder and believe your work is being infringed upon you are required by law to adhere to the following procedure:
DMCA Compliance Policy
It is the policy of The Cotten Kandi website to promptly process and investigate notices of alleged copyright infringement, and take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512 (“DMCA”).
Contents of Notice
The DMCA requires that all notices of alleged copyright infringement must be in writing. When informing the designated agent of an alleged copyright infringement, the complainant must:
(1) Identify the copyrighted work that allegedly has been infringed. If multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are involved, please provide a list of the works on that site.
(2) Describe the material that is claimed to be infringing and provide sufficient information to permit The Cotten Kandi website to locate that material.
(3) Provide your contact information, including an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address.
4) Certify or include a statement that the complainant has a good faith belief that the use of the copyright-protected material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, the owner’s agent, or law.
(5) Certify that the information that you have provided The Cotten Kandi website is accurate. The complainant should attest under penalty of perjury that s/he is authorized to enforce the copyrights that have allegedly have been infringed.
(6) Include a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or person authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
Before the complainants allege an infringement, s/he should consult copyright materials to confirm that the use is, in fact, infringing. The United States Copyright Office provides basic information, online, at http://www.loc.gov/copyright/circs/circ1.html, which can assist one in determining whether an exception or defense, such as fair use, may apply to the use of your copyrighted work.
If you believe that your copyrighted work is being infringed on a The Cotten Kandi website site, please notify cottenkandi.com, preferably by email, at:
The Cotten Kandi Website