So you’re a lady who has eyes for a ladies’ man. You are certainly not the first, and you won’t be the last. The game is rough, that’s why you need to learn how to play it. It’s been said to master the game, you must act like a guy. This is totally false. You are not a guy, you’re a girl – a woman – a femme fatale – a divine and amazing creature who is by nature (because Mother Nature is a girl, duh) much more emotionally-intelligent and intuitive than your male counterparts. You also have been blessed with this little thing called cleavage. You are a girl; you have a different (and very powerful) set of weapons, and you my dear, must utilize them. You’ve got a crush on a guy who loves to play games, but every game comes with a set of rules:
1. Avoid Jealousy and Hear-Say. When dealing with a Ladies’ Man, you are bound to run into this. Avoid it! If he is not taking the bait and you see him going after another girl, ignore it! If you hear rumors about him, ignore them! It’s hard to recover from drama especially if it happens too early on. Go about your night un-phased.
2. Be Cool With His Friends. Don’t confuse this with being “one of the guys”, because you are not one of the guys and once he sees you like that, it will be difficult to establish yourself as anything more. However, if his friends approve of you as being “cool”, this will ease his decision as to whether or not you are a keeper.
3. Keep Your Options Open. You’re a girl remember? Girls always have options. That’s just the way of the world. So even if Mr. Ladies’ Man isn’t blowing up your phone, I’m sure that nice guy from work or the guy you met last week or that guy that’s had a crush on you for five years are all within reach, don’t rule them out!
4. Keep Him Guessing. Don’t make yourself too available. Don’t answer his texts right away or break plans to hang out with him. You are really cool, and really busy (even when you are sitting at home in your flannel PJ’s watching Sex & The City reruns with your dear friends Ben and Jerry).
5. Set Your Standards High From the Get-Go. Patti Stanger says, “The first date sets the precedent for the whole relationship.” Ladies’ Man is working off of his rules, so if the only time he’s hitting you up is past midnight when he wants to meet you at the bar after being out with his friends all night – decline. Unless he is taking you out to dinner or to a movie and treating you like a lady, it’s not a good move. It’s not a good move because that’s not good enough. Period.
Get five more tips on how to best approaching dating someone with a wondering eye when you head over to Posh Glam.
(Image/Story Credit: posglam.com)