Most of us live pretty busy lives and are burdened by our daily responsibilities. As a result, we get stressed quite often, whether we’re working hard to provide for our families, pursuing career goals or being the best examples we can be for our children.
Here are five suggestions and easy methods for reducing your stress levels daily.
1. Meditate: Take a few minutes in your day to just sit in silence. Meditating can be pretty easy. Turn off all electronic or digital devices that is sure to distract your concentration. Try sitting on a flat comfortable surface, or yoga mat, and practice stretching, inhaling and exhaling slowly for 5-7 minutes. If you’re unable to sit in total silence, try some soothing music to help.
2. Read: Reading doesn’t have to be a daunting task. Have a book in mind or topic you’ve been meaning to do some research on? Or how about just reading for pleasure. Whether it’s a short article or book, reading for the moment.
3. Seek Guidance: Speaking with someone whom you trust and advice you can trust is a great way to reduce stress. You’ll be able to unload some of your burdens and emotional baggage you’re carrying around.
Don’t have a trusted advisor? Try writing in a journal. Writing out your emotions instead of bottling them up is also therapeutic.
4. Take a walk: Going for a walk is a great way to reduce stress. Walking off some of your worries gives you time to work through some emotional disturbances and to clear your mind by thinking before acting.
5. Take Up A Hobby: Ever wanted to take dancing lessons? A jewelry making class, cooking lesson, painting, sowing, graphic designing or even photography? Whatever your interests, by taking up a hobby you’ll thoroughly enjoy, you may be able to significantly reduce your stress levels.
Sweethearts, what are some other solutions you suggest in reducing stress?