The interview we’ve all been looking forward to, took place this morning on Power 105.1 The Breakfast club. Teyana Taylor is speaking for the first time on losing her virginity, her relationship and broken engagement to Brandon Jennings and feeling betrayed by Jennings’ new girlfriend and actress Tae Heckard.
As we’ve previously reported, NBA star Brandon Jennings and actress Tae Heckard are the new “it” couple in town (Read HERE). In fact, the couple, now rumored to be engaged (Read HERE), have been showcasing their love all over social media (See HERE).
The issue? Jennings is Taylor’s ex-boyfriend and fiance. Tae, on the other hand, is said to have been Taylor’s friend.
Adding salt to an already opened wound, Jennings recently let the world know that what he has with Tae he considers the only real public relationship he’s ever had. Clearly the message rubbed Taylor the wrong way.
Here are some things we learned from the interview:
1. Brandon and Teyana were engaged during the time she’d been promoting her feature role in “Madea’s Big Happy Family” back in 2011.
2. She says she and Tae were actually friends and not “industry friends” and that she blames Tae even more for breaking the girl code of not dating a friend’s ex.
3. Jennings denying how serious their relationship was really hurt her. She also says they’d been in touch recently before he and Tae went public.
4. She lost her virginity to Jennings. She adds it was two years after they’d become engaged — something she’s proud of.
5. As for what ended things, she eluded to his cheating, them being too young and Jennings having two children during the course of their on-off relationship.
She also talks about her fall out with Rihanna, losing her Adidas deal and criticism over her music career or lack there of. Check out the full interview below.
Wow, that was a lot in indulge.