• Google Plus
  • Pinterest
  • You Tube
  • Rss

MTV Reality Star Shain Gandee of “Buckwild” Found Dead, Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Detected


MTV_Buckwild_Shain_Gandee_21_DeadThe news media was shocked to learn, this morning, that a young MTV reality star, Shain Gandee had died. The 21 year old had been gone since Saturday night and reported missing by family members.

TMZ  reports, “Gandee was found dead in a vehicle in West Virginia early Monday morning…. 31 hours after the 21-year-old MTV reality star had been reported missing, this according to law enforcement.”

Gandee along with the body of his 48-year-old uncle, David Gandee, and a third unidentified body were all discovered in the vehicle in Sissonville, West Virginia. There was no sign of foul play, reports officials.

Shane and his uncle were last heard discussing going for wheeling prior to disappearing.

Upon hearing the news MTV released this statement, “We are shocked and saddened by the terrible news about Shain Gandee, and those involved in this tragic incident. We are waiting for more information but at this time, our main concern is for the Gandee family and their friends….Our thoughts and prayers are with them. Shain had a magnetic personality, with a passion for life that touched everyone he met and we will miss him dearly.”

An MTV rep later confirms the production of “Buckwild” has since been suspended.

(Photo: MTV/Mike Piscitelli)


About Author