It took 3 months, but Amy Winehouse‘s offiicial cause of death has finally been revealed.
The singer apparently died from “alcohol toxicity”. Winehouse, a self declared alcoholic, consumed fives times the legal limit according to the coroner’s office. They declared her death a “death by misadventure”.
Winehouse was an “intelligent, determined young woman who, at times, was able to successful abstain from alcohol,” the coroner added while making the announcement.
Amy’s parents Mitch and Janis were present for the reading in a London court today. They issued this statement soon after the news of Amy’s death was announced.
“It is some relief to finally find out what happened to Amy. We understand there was alcohol in her system when she passed away; it is likely a build up of alcohol in her system over a number of days. The court heard that Amy was battling hard to conquer her problems with alcohol and it is a source of great pain to us that she could not win in time.”
How unfortunate. R.I.P Amy.